ROBINSON & GERALDO - Attorneys at Law.

Call Now For An Initial Consultation

(717) 232-8525

ROBINSON & GERALDO - Attorneys at Law.

Immigration Lawyer Harrisburg PA

Citizenship ties people together around civic ideals and bonds them. If you, your loved ones or, your employees are seeking citizenship, then an immigration attorney can help you through the process.

Visas And Green Cards


It’s important to point out that visas and green cards serve different purposes and have different eligibility requirements. A visa is a temporary permission to enter the United States and remain here for a specific amount of time. A green card grants you the authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis, but if you go abroad for more than a year, then you can be refused entry when you return to the United States.

Who Is Eligible To Become A Permanent Resident Of The United States?

There are a number of requirements that need to be met in order to be eligible for a green card. You’ll need to speak with an attorney about your specific situation, but here are a couple of examples:

  • If you are engaged to a U.S. citizen, then you may be eligible for a K-1 Fiancée visa. In order to qualify, you and your fiancé must intend to marry within 90 days of your arrival to the U.S. You can eventually follow the path to full U.S. citizenship.
  • If you are a child, spouse, or parent of a U.S. citizen, then you may be eligible for a green card as soon as you are finished with the application process as long as your U.S. citizen relative is willing to petition for you and provide you financial support.

Only an immigration attorney can help you to determine yours or your loved one’s eligibility.

Who Is Eligible For A visa?

ImmigrationThis is a far more complicated question because there are several types of visas. But here are a few different types of visas people apply for depending on their intentions:

  • EB-5 Investor Visa: These allow foreign investors to live and work permanently in the United States. It is a great way to eventually obtain a green card, as well as for your partner and any children under 21.
    P-1B Visa: This applies to foreign nationals who are traveling to the United States to perform with an entertainment group that is nationally recognized as being outstanding in their talent for a sustained and substantial amount of time.
  • L-1A Intracompany Transferee: This is a non-immigrant classification that allows a business operating in the U.S. to accept an executive or manager from a foreign office as a transfer to their offices in the United States. If the company is based abroad but wants to send an executive a manager to the United States with the purpose of opening an office within the U.S., then they are also able to apply for this type of visa.
  • H-1B Visa: These are for individuals who are employed in the United States in a specialty occupation. To be eligible for this visa that you must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a specialized field.
  • O-1 Visa: These visas are for foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities or achievements in the sciences, arts, business, athletics, or education. It is typically granted for up to three years.

If you are seeking a visa or green card in Harrisburg PA, contact Robinson Geraldo, P.C. and find out about your eligibility.

ROBINSON & GERALDO - Attorneys at Law.

Call Now For An Initial Consultation
(717) 232-8525