Gerry has two children – a daughter Tiffany, who was once an associate with the firm but now is employed by PriceWaterhouseCoopers and a son Robbie, a recent graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Both of his children graduated from Lancaster County Day School . The family’s church home is the Bethel AME Church located on Strawberry and North Streets in Lancaster.
In addition to his work with the firm, Gerry is the Chairman of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC).
He has served on many non-profit boards including, but not limited to, the following:
- The Urban League of Lancaster County
- The National Urban League (Wall Street, NYV)
- The March of Dimes (both locally and state-wide)
- Southeast Lancaster Health Services
- Heinz-Menaker Senior Center of Harrisburg
- NAACP of Greater Harrisburg
- African-American Chamber of Commerce of Central PA
- Gretna Theater
- Four Diamonds Fund Advisory Board
- Allied Arts Fund
- Harrisburg Community and Economic Affairs
- The Academy of Medical Arts and Business (Hbg)
- Millersville University Trustee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates
- American Red Cross of the Keystone Region
He is a graduate of Howard University (BA) and Howard University School of Law. He is a member of the Dauphin and Lancaster County Bar Associations as well as the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He has been admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia and has made court appearances in Washington , D.C. , and in 13 county courts in PA.
Gerry and Yvette have been married for 24 years and have resided in Lancaster County for 25 years.